Great Noirs: Farewell, My Lovely

Farewell My Lovely (A.K.A: Murder, My Sweet- UK) - 1944

Director: Edward Dmytryk


A character by the name of Moose Malloy has detective/private eye Marlow hired. Malloy is known to be a “petty crook just out of prison” and uses Marlow to find his ex-girlfriend who’s been missing for the past six years which proves to be much more of a challenge than originally anticipated! Theft, untruthfulness, bribery and violence all contribute to the plot as the sub-plot unravels along-side; why Malloy is so intent to find her...


The reason I’ve chosen to write about this film noir film is mainly due to one of the actresses; Claire Trevor. Trevor gained the title of “The Queen of Film Noir” and rightly so. This was one of the bigger debuts for the actress and definitely a huge part of the road to aquiring the mentioned title.



The film Farewell, My Lovely was re-named for the American market but kept it’s original name (Farewell My Lovely) in it’s country of origin: The UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment